For my first official post on the Brecheisen Batch is a good ol’ recipe to use up ripe bananas! When I say ripe bananas, I’m talking about bananas that have gone slightly passed cheetah spots that are perfect for making sorbets by using the yonana’s machine! A lifesaver invention for people, like me, that want a sweet and creamy treat, but are limited on choices. I’ll make a post soon about that beautiful device, but for right now, we’ll focus on the muffins.
Back to the bananas, yes, this recipe is perfect for the banana that is going beyond the brown spots and heading towards the blotches! What makes this recipe extra delicious is the crumble on top of the muffin. I love banana muffins, period, but this addition makes the recipe just perfect for a special occasion.
This recipe is gluten-free, egg-free, soy-free, dairy-free, and family friendly! It is solid recipe for a variety of allergies.
This recipe came about, because of a need to use bananas that spoiled too quickly and a birthday party that a sweet treat was needed. I had the bananas, I had the need, and thus, this recipe became to be!
For all my baking and flour usage, the gluten-free flour mix that I use is this one: All Purpose Gluten-Free Flour Mix. I’ll do an official post about the mix soon.
Banana Crumble Muffin
Total Time: 35 minutes. Prep Time: 15 minutes. Cook Time: 20 minutes.
Serving Size: 12 Muffins
Free of: Gluten, Milk, Soy, Egg,
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup of canola oil
- 1/3 cup Earth Balance Soy-Free butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons gluten-fre all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
Recipe adapted from Lisa Kreft from AllRecipes.
All The Best,
The Brecheisen Batch