Today, I will share with you one of my favorite salads. For starters, what I like about this recipe is that it includes the salad dressing. With my allergies, it is quite difficult to find pre-made dressings that I can have. In fact, so far, I’ve only discovered just one, one, that I can have locally. Luckily, it is super delicious, so I use it on everything! I’ll do a post about that delicious dressing soon. Nevertheless, I’m a big fan of salads that includes a unique dressing with it that I can have.
Another attribute to this salad that I literally devour is the arugula! Arugula is one of my favorite greens. I love that slightly spicy bite that the leaf has ~ delicious! It does not make for a great salad, but a great addition to sandwiches for a leafy zinger!
Time: 20 Minutes
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 leaf fresh mint, chopped
- 1 leaf fresh basil, chopped
- 2 1/2 cups baby arugula leaves
- 2 ounces kalamata olives or green olives, pitted and halved
- 2 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- Place the red onion, lime juice, grapefruit juice, apple cider vinegar, red pepper, and sea salt in a blender, and process until smooth, about 30 seconds. While the blender is running, drizzle in the olive oil; add honey, cilantro, mint, and basil leaves, and process for a few more seconds to leave the herbs visible as small flecks.
- Toss the arugula, olives, and cherry tomatoes in a salad bowl.
- Pour vinaigrette over the salad and toss to serve.
All the Best,