I have to admit that I am always looking for a way to bring change to chicken. I actually love chicken, but it can get monotonous. So, unique flavorings that work brings yummy to my tummy! I grew up on peach chicken, so fruit and chicken is not a foreign feat for me. In fact, I admit that I enjoy the fruity fusion of the two.
Thus, the Cherry Chicken was created! Plus, it is super allergy friendly and I have a certain love of onions, so it’s a win all around for me!
Time: 30 minutes
Free of the Top Ten Allergens!
- 1-1/2 lb pitted cherries & roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup minced red onion
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 Teaspoons honey
- 1/4 Teaspoon salt
- 4 chicken breasts of similar thickness
- extra virgin olive oil
- salt & cayenne pepper
- In a bowl, combine the cherries, red onion, lemon juice, basil, apple cider vinegar, honey, and salt in a bowl. Place into the refrigerator while you grill the chicken.
- Brush both sides of the chicken breasts with the olive oil. Season liberally with salt & cayenne pepper.
- Grill over medium-high heat for 4 minutes per side or until cooked all the way through.For this grilling, I used a flat-top grill on my oven. Let rest for 5 minutes before topping with fresh cherry mix.
All the Best,
The Brecheisen Batch