For Labor Day, we had a great feast of foods! It was beyond delicious and filling! Nevertheless, it was for a bundle of people, so making recipes as easy and quick is essential. Also, making sure they are allergy friendly is a must, too!
For the corn, it was really simple and easy. Nothing beats the flavor and taste of grilled corn! Also, the way I prepare corn makes it easy to prepare before hand and easy clean up.
For starters, when shucking a corn, a tip I use for removing the hairs faster is wiping the corn down with a dish towel. It is a quick way to shake most of those fine hairs free – leaving only a quick check to assure they are gone.
Next, I tear sheets of aluminum foil and put the shucked corn in it. I put a dab of butter, or in my case, Earth Balance Soy-Free Butter with a sprinkle of salt and pepper. I foiled the corn and put it aside till cooking time!
Grilled Corn on the Cob
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 15 minutes
- A head of corn
- 1 Tbsp of Earth Balance Soy-Free Butter (or butter)
- Salt & Pepper
- A sheet of aluminum foil.
- Shuck the corn. Wipe down the corn to help remove lingering hairs. Inspect for any remaining hairs.
- Put the corn in the sheet of aluminum foil
- Dab with the butter. I like to put a chunk on each side of the corner.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Foil up the corn to seal it up.
- Once the grill is ready and the coals are about medium heat, which is when you can hold your hand over the coals only for 5 to 7 seconds, time to put the corn on the grill. Keep the foil on.
- Have the corn on the grill, covered, for 5 minutes. Flip the corn. Close the lid of the grill and cook for an additional 5 minutes. The corn is ready to eat – juicy and buttery delicious!
- Take the corn off the grill, remove the foil, and the corn is ready to eat as is! Some like to add additional butter, salt, pepper, or hot sauce – but I enjoy just as is! After all, it has been marinated in butter, salt, and pepper in the foil already.
All the Best,