For Labor Day, I additionally made Blondie Brownies. I did so, just in case, as Mr. B does not like the zucchini. It was my backup recipe for dessert. I knew my zucchini bread was delicious, but Mr. Be can be finicky with stubbornness. Once Mr. B decides to not like something, he can be very stubborn to have a change of heart. Zucchini won and changed his heart, least in bread form, but the brownies were still was a hit! The Brecheisen Batch devoured over two-thirds of the brownies at the gathering! It may been a backup, but it still was success!
Cheers for allergy friendly and family friendly desserts!
In this recipe, what truly shines is Enjoy Life chocolate chips of semi-sweet. Enjoy Life is a company that is such a blessing for someone like me. They are free of the top ten allergens and use equipment that assure safety of no contamination issues. I love all their products that I can have! I highly recommend checking out their products. It’s a company that I personally need to have stay around for, like, everrrrr! They make my life so much easier that I literally have to thank them for existing! It helps that their product actually tastes delicious, too. In the world of allergies, there is a lot of misses, when it comes to tastes, but with Enjoy Life, I’ve not experienced that as of yet!
- 2/3 cup of soy-free Earth Balance (or butter)
- 2 cups brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce (or 2 eggs)
- 2 cups gluten-free flour ( or flour)
- 2 tsp. baking powder (if using applesauce)
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup of Enjoy Life’s semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Melt the butter
- Add sugar, applesauce (or eggs), and butter to a bowl and mix.
- Sift and mix together flour, baking soda, baking powder (if using applesauce) & salt into bowl.
- Add vanilla
- Spread into a 13 x 9 pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top of batter.
- Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes.
- Cover once out of the oven till cool. These brownies should be slightly stiff on the outside, but still soft on the inside.
All the Best,
The Brecheisen Batch