Yum! Yum! Yum! I love the harvest season of fall for its squash! I love squash, especially acorn squash. It truly can be turned into a dessert! This is one of my favorite recipes for fall, particularly, for squash! Mr. B is finicky, when it comes to squash. It is a hate-love relationship; either he entirely hates a recipe for the same squash, while completely loving another one. With him, you truly just do not know! So, when I first baked this recipe, it took too much prodding for him to take a bite. When he did, Mr. B declared his love for it!
This recipe is truly a dessert as it is so sweet, warm, and comforting. Plus, it is extremely allergy friendly and so easy to make!
SWEET ACORN SQUASH
Serves: 2 to 4
Prep Time: 5 minutes Cook Time: 1 hr. Total Time: 1 hr & 5 min.
- 2 medium acorn squash
- 4 Tbsp of Earth Balance Soy-Free Butter (or butter), softened
- 4 Tbsp of brown sugar
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 400 F
- Cut the acorn squash in half. Scoop out the seeds and strings.
- Combine the butter, sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Smear the butter mixture equally into the scoop of four halves of the acorn squash till well covered.
- Place in a baking dish with cut side of the acorn squash faced up.
Bake for 1 hour or until tender.
All the Best
The Brecheisen Batch