Happy St. Patricks Day Everyone! I have strong Irish heritage – so this is always a fun day for myself and my family. And it was a fun day! It was a day filled with the best of music and corned beef goodness that I’m eager to share – in the next blog!
This week is focused on a muffin! A good recipe for anything that needs baking is rather difficult with my host of allergies. It is a balancing act that sometimes is a success – and sometimes quite a disaster!
Therefore, I am always eager to share recipes that are allergy friendly and a successful bake! It’s a double victory for me – woohoo! It turns into a triple win, when Mr. B actually likes them, or best case, loves them, too! This recipe is a triple winner in my books and family. I hope you can enjoy safely as well!
APPLE CINNAMON MUFFIN WITH STREUSEL TOPPING
Total Time: 35 to 40 minutes
Serving Size: 12 muffins
Free of the Top Eight Food Allergens.
- FOR THE STREUSEL TOPPING:
- 1/2 cup of All Purpose Gluten-Free Flour
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon of guar gum
- 3 tbsp of melted butter.
- FOR THE MUFFIN:
- 2 cups of All Purpose Gluten-Free Flour
- 2/3 cup of sugar
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- 1 tbsp of baking soda
- 3/4 tsp of guar gum
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 2 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1 cup of peeled & chopped apple
- 1/2 cup of original unsweetened almond milk (or dairy milk)
- 1/2 cup of canola oil
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened applesauce (or 2 eggs)
- For the streusel topping: Combine the flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, and guar gum in a bowl. Stir to mix well. Pour in the melted butter and stir with a fork till all the dry ingredients are moistened. Continue with fork until mixture is broken into small pieces. Set aside.
- For the muffins: Preaheat the oven to 375 F. Prepare a 12 muffin tin by putting in muffin liners.
- Combine in a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, ,baking soda, guar gum, salt, and cinnamon. Toss in the apples till they are coated evenly.
- Mix into the apple mixture the milk, oil, and applesauce until it is all blended well.
- Split the mixture between the 12 muffin liners. Top with the streusel. Bake between 20 to 25 minutes until golden. Remove and serve!
All The Best,