I absolutely LOVE Banana Muffins or Banana Bread. I find it a homey, comforting, and actually, refreshing treat that I always wonder why I do not make more often. Now, with Banana Muffin and Bread, in certain families there is a slight tug-of-war when it comes to nuts. My family is one of them. Do you add nuts? Do you leave the nuts out? Personally, I love walnuts, so I absolutely want them in my banana muffins and bread. Meanwhile, Mr. B would prefer to skip on walnuts as he is not, exactly, a fan of them.
When I first made this recipe, I honestly forgot about Mr. B’s aversion to walnuts. Therefore, only after he happily snacked on the muffin, did I remember about the walnuts and informed him! He looked surprised, and conceded that, apparently, in certain foods, he actually can enjoy walnuts!
Bonus – they are free of the top eight allergies!
BANANA NUT MUFFINS
Serves: 12 Muffins
Total Time: 30 to 35 minutes
Free of The Top Eight Allergens
- 2 cups of Pantry Flour (or any flour)
- 2/3 cups of white sugar
- 1 tbsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 3/4 tsp of guar gum (or xanthan gum)
- 1/4 tsp of sea salt
- 1/4 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1 cup of chopped bananas (about 2 medium bananas)
- 1/2 cup of chopped walnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened plain applesauce (or 2 large eggs)
- 1/2 cup of unsweetened original almondmilk (or any milk)
- 1/2 cup of canola oil
- Muffin Liners.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F . Put muffin liners into a twelve muffin pan.
- Mix thoroughly together the flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, guar gum, salt, and ground cinnamon in a large bowl. Next, add the bananas and walnuts; stir till well incorporated.
- Add to the large bowl, now, the applesauce, milk, and oil. Stir until everything is well mixed and combined.
- Next is to evenly fill the muffin liners with the mixture. Bake in the oven for 18 to 25 minutes until golden brown. Remove from oven and muffin pan; let the muffins cool on a rack.
THE BRECHEISEN BATCH
Recipe Adapted from Gluten-Free Baking Classics by Annalise G. Roberts