It was recently Mr. B’s Birthday! In my family, it is a tradition that the birthday boy or girl gets to request what they want on their birthday for dinner and dessert. A tradition that Mr. B was happily to take on.
For his birthday, Mr. B declared that he wanted steaks and potatoes for his dinner upon request of what he wanted for his birthday meal. Spotting that the eye of round was on sale and the knowledge that all the birthday boy and party guests were garlic lovers like myself – I knew exactly what I wanted to make for him on his birthday!
Behold a recipe that is paradise for those that love garlic like I! I seriously can not get, enough, of garlic. I could almost eat it raw I love it so; I sometimes do try – and always regret! Nevertheless, my love for garlic is strong, and luckily, does my husband!
This recipe was a big hit at the party; I thought I made plenty for a hearty amount of leftovers to enjoy the whole week long – boy, I was wrong! At the end of the party, only two pieces were left!
Now, do not worry about the curve of the round in the picture below. Bless my beloved husband’s heart. He did his best! He wanted to grill his steak, but he is not use to his new grill that we were gifted for our wedding. It was still delicious, nevertheless, no matter how it may look! I was charmed that he wanted to help at all in his birthday meal!
GARLIC STEAK WITH GARLIC & OLIVE OIL
Serves: 4 to 6
Total Time: 13 hours
Free of the Top Eight Food Allergies
- 8 to 10 big cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tsp of salt
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper
- 12 oz of Eye of Round Steak (or other cuts of round that is cut to moderately thin)
- 12 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 cup olive oil for frying
- Salt and ground black pepper to coat
- In a bowl, stir the minced garlic, olive oil, salt, and black pepper, then pour into a resealable plastic bag. Add the steaks into the bag and seal the bag up to coat the steaks with the marinade thoroughly. After thoroughly and evenly coated, squeeze out excess air in the bag. Marinate in the refrigerator for 12 or so hours
- Once the steaks are marinated, combine the 12 garlic cloves and 1 cup of olive oil in a small saucepan over low heat. Stew, stirring occasionally, until garlic is golden and tender, which is about 30 minutes.
- While the garlic is stewing in the olive oil, preheat an outdoor grill for high heat and lightly oil the grill to prevent sticking. Remove the steaks from the bag with a little shake. On each side, generously season the steaks with salt and black pepper till coated evenly.
- Cook the steaks on the prepared grill for about 3 to 5 minutes per side determining the thickness of the round and desired doneness. Remove steaks to a plate.
- To serve, spoon the oil-roasted garlic on top of the rounds and drizzle the garlic-infused oil over the steaks.
THE BRECHEISEN BATCH