This following recipe is super easy, elegant, and to us, the Brecheisen Batch, it means a lot. How can a small little bird mean so much? Well, on the day that I was brave, enough, to attempt the bake a hen for the first time was the same day that Mr. B proposed! So, this little hen is our special meal every year on the same date that Mr. B got down one on knee.
Surprisingly, it is really easy and simple to bake these little hens and turn out to be delicious! Not only are they easy to make, but look stunning on a plate. In my mind, I had always imagined that it was much harder to get just right. Afterall, it is only two ingredients. Yep, that is right, just two.
Bonus: It is free of the top eight allergens!
CORNISH GAME HENS
Total Time: 1 hr & 15 minutes
Free of the Top Eight Food Allergies
- 2 of 1 lb Cornish Game Hens
- 1/3 cup of Earth Balance Soy-Free Butter (or butter), melted
- Pre-Heat the oven to 350 F.
- Melt the butter.
- On an oven tray with raised edges (to prevent butter spillage), place the two hens breast side down onto the tray. Brush the butter on the hens liberally.
- Once in the oven, every 15 minutes or so, pull out the tray and brush the hens with butter. Return to the oven.
- Bake for an 1 hr & 15 to 30 minutes.