These little treats are super easy to make, allergy friendly, and are gobbled quickly in this household. Not only are they super easy to make, but they are quick as well. My family could not believe they were completely voided of the top eight allergens.
What I especially like about these little fried dots of apple-ly goodness is the variety of textures with a hint of apple and sweet.
They do not last long as swift fingers quickly gobble them up – so I strongly suggest doubling, if not tripling, this batch!
FRIED APPLE CAKE DOTS
Serves: 3 to 4
Total Time: 10 minutes
Free of the Top Eight Allergens
- 1/3 cup of Pantry Flour (or any gluten-flour or flour)
- 1/8 tsp of sea salt
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- Pantry Flour, or any type of flour, for rolling
- Powdered Sugar to dust
- Canola oil to fry
- Fill a deep saucepan to about half full of canola oil and put on medium-high heat.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, stir together the flour, salt, baking powder, and applesauce.
- When the mixture becomes slightly stiff, drop a teaspoonful into your palm to lightly roll into a round. Next, drop onto a floured surface to roll around and coat.
- After dusted in flour, drop into the hot oil. They will cook in about two to four minutes depending on size – and if you need to turn the dot or not depending on depth of oil.
- Lift them out carefully, put onto a plate with some paper towels, and dust with powdered sugar.
All the Best,