Pardon for the dust! The lack of posting to the Brecheisen Batch is due to some massive changes a whirling in the life of the Brecheisen Batch. Big changes are a coming! Once life is not a blur, future posts of the changes shall be had.
For now, enjoy this classic recipe of meatloaf that is allergy friendly. My husband loves this! I know meatloaf gets a bad rap, but this is one tasty and moist meatloaf that flavors blend into a savory bite of comforting yumminess. Bonus – it is allergy friendly, free of the top eight allergies, for those like myself that want to enjoy such a meal!
Time: 1 hr 30 minutes
Free of the Top Eight Allergies
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 pound of ground pork
- 1 1/2 cup of oatmeal
- 1/4 cup of unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 2 tsps of salt
- 1/2 tsps of pepper
- 1/2 tsp of celery seed
- 1/4 cup of chili sauce
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Chop the onions and parsley. Put into a large mixing bowl.
- Add the ground beef, ground pork, oatmeal, applesauce, milk, salt, pepper, celery seed, and chili sauce into the mixing bowl. Mix together till all is well-incorporated.
- Grease all sides of a loaf pan. I use Earth Balance Soy-Free Butter.
- Pack the mixture quite firmly into a loaf pan. Turn the loaf pan over and onto a baking dish till the meat loaf comes out.
- Bake the meat loaf for 1 hour or so till done.
- Once cooked through, pull out of the oven and let it cool for a few minutes, before you slice up and serve.
All the Best,